The coordinate system WGS-84
Electronic data on terrain and obstacles are used in the following areas:
- The system proximity warning with the ground (on-board system GPWS);
- Warning of minimum safe altitude MSAW (used in automated ATC systems);
- Site selection in a forced emergency landing in adverse weather conditions (board system);
- The design of airport procedures of departure, arrival and approach procedures;
- Synthetic visualization (simulators);
- Aerodrome surface movement systems;
- Restriction and removal of obstacles to aerodrome site.
In order to comply with the above standards ICAO, on request "Kazaeronavigation" on the ground RK made land surveying, airborne laser scanning and aerial navigation elements. As of February 2, 2015 surveying, airborne laser scanning and aerial navigation elements are completed on all 20 airfields RK envisaged by the project implementation in the civil aviation of Kazakhstan to the World Geodetic System WGS-84 coordinates.
Currently, based on the data, recalculates schemes departure, arrival and approach procedures for airports of Astana and Almaty. Publication of aeronautical data in a coordinate system WGS-84 airfields Astana and Almaty is planned amendment to the AIP 01/15 with the date of entry into force April 30, 2015. Full completion of the recalculation of the aerodrome charts and publication of aeronautical data in the WGS-84 coordinates for other aerodromes planned before the end of 2016.
Availability of aeronautical data in a coordinate system WGS-84 is a prerequisite for the introduction of performance-based navigation specifications (PBN).